Menu
KevTemp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 Software update

New V6 box to replace old TiVo. Decided to get multi room back so connected up my old V6 and starting updating - it’s been welcome sign then off then welcome sign then off for ages 

Is this normal - don’t think the box was turned on for 12-18 months 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Software update

The box has been deactivated as its not been connected to the system for a while. Its part of the security system to stop the boxes being used illegally. You will have to contact CS & get it reprovisioned.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @KevTemp

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 

Thanks for your assistance here @nodrogd, really appreciate your help. 

Have you been in touch with the customer service team since posting to get the box re-provisioned? 

Let us know 🙂 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
KevTemp
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Sofia_B

I did call however the language barrier between myself and the individuals answering the call doesn’t really help. Think an engineer was booked in why I have no idea when all I asked was to get the box reprovisioned. I have yet to receive a call although I think my wife was called when working - she is a nurse so can’t take calls 

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @KevTemp

Apologies about that, I've managed to locate your account and I can see this was cancelled at your request is that correct? 

I've sent a hit over to the box to re-provision it, please try and turn this on now. 

If this doesn't help, it may be a case that the box has missed out on too many updates and will require a tech in order to get this working again. 

Please let me know. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
KevTemp
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks  @Sofia_B

I have turned it on and it’s showing a  n update image arrow pointing to a box - nothing with a progress stage and as before with the welcome message. 😫

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi KevTemp,

Thanks for coming back to us to let us know this has not worked. We will need to take a look at your account and find out why your additional box is not activating again. 

As I will need access to your account I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi KevTemp, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I'm glad I managed to get an engineer booked for you.

Please let us know what they advise during their visit so we can continue to support you.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos