Menu
watsor1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Set Up

Got my TV V6 box yesterday and managed to set it up myself.  The book says that you will be given the option to set up your remote so it can control your TV.  I didn't get this option and when I go to Help & Settings and select Help and press OK I don't seem to be getting anything.

0 Kudos
keithse
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Set Up

Have you gone to the "Program your remote" option?

Some instructions are here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote#tab1 

But this page gives a better step-by-step whether you want to search or find the code in the linked code list:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Programming-your-TiVo-remote-control/td-p/3166540 

Keith

0 Kudos
watsor1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.

When I select help and press OK nothing happens - i just get Ok in a circle that whirls round and then goes straight back to the help button i.e. now option to select the "Program" area.  Have tried resetting the box but still don't work.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi when you set up your box did you ring the activation number 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of the box to hand, if you didn't do it. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
watsor1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

No i didn't call that activation number, wasn't aware that i had to - don't say anything about that in the book they send you.

Received a text message at 7.30 this morning saying "Your new VM is now activated".

I just can't seem to get past the help button - everything else appears to be working fine.

0 Kudos