Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 SIGNAL PERSON COMING TODAY

Hello my V6 isn't working right with channels flicking and going off. I called virgin the man said someone will come out and check the Signals on your box or they will give you a new box. What does it mean check the Signals will he check the cables behind the box or something can someone please tell me so I know what to do. Because my cables are behind something will have move them. What to expect with Signals problem.  Thank You. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 SIGNAL PERSON COMING TODAY

Hi he will make sure all the connections are tight and pushed in fully, then he will connect a meter to your box and check the signal levels and if necessary go to the head end box outside (the green box) that serves your property and ajust your levels.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank You very much for your help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So your TV service is delivered from a street cabinet up to a couple of streets away, through underground cables to a wall socket on your outside wall, then internally to your TV box. If you have signal problems, then somewhere along that cable run there is a fault. The tech will want to run a series of tests along the route of the cable, so from the back of the TV box, the wall socket and then potentially in the street.

After a couple of checks on the box itself, they will probably start by removing the cable from the back of your TV box to quickly prove whether the box is at fault. So yes, be prepared for the tech to want access behind the TV box and at the wall socket.

0 Kudos