Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Remote

My V6 remote Bluetooth is intermittent but mostly not working. It is ok on IR, but I now need to use the Bluetooth function as the V6 box is no longer in the line of sight.  Still only 3-4 meters distance from remote to box thought. Ive put new batteries in but still can’t connect satisfactorily.

The operational characteristics are shockingly poor. Please help!

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Remote

Hi tdmsk10,

Have you tried removing the the remote from the settings andd then repairing again as new?

Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Remote Control Pairing > Unpair all V6 remotes

And then repeat but Pair new V6 remote as the last step

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dave

many thanks for your response & advice.

i have unpaired & again paired the remote several times now.  It does appear to correct the issue but only temporarily. Frustratingly, the issue soon returns.

i have ensured any/all active Bluetooth devices within 10m have been turned off too.  

Could it be a defect with the remote or the box?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @tdmsk10

Welcome to our Community and for your post - I was sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the Bluetooth functionality of your V6 remote control; it is rather an odd one that it just stops working. I've had mine years now and it's not had this issue - even after changing batteries. 

When you advise that the issue returns after you have paired it, do you mean it reverts back to just IR or does it not work at all? 

I have located your account from your Forum information and as such have arranged for a new remote to be posted out; we'll check a new remote first and if the issue continues, it may be the box at fault. You should get your new remote in around 5 days or so; it's just posted by Royal Mail and will fit through your letter box 🙂 

Keep me posted 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your reply and the offer of sending a replacement remote. Great CS response.

When the remote again fails to work, it does not respond & operate the v6 box.  It’s like the whole system ‘hangs up’ for a while.

I have not reverted back to the IR mode to try to see if this function is still operational. Both IR & BT work at the same time do they?

Not timed the period the remote ‘hangs up’, it but it’s longer than 20mins.

Could it be the V6 box?  Don’t have an issue with my V6 in the other room.

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi tdmsk10,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you - have you since received the new remote? If you have, let me know if that has solved the problem.

If the new remote doesn't work, I would say it has to be an issue with the set top box itself, as there's not much room left for any other possibilities. 

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos