cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Remote replacement

floydant
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm trying to get a new V6 remote as mine has stopped working.

The website process isn't working.

I have looked on these forums and it seems lots of people have the same problem.

Can someone please advise the best thing to do?

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @floydant 

Have you tried a different browser, or cleared the cache and cookies on the one you are using?

You could also try using an incognito window.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Newapollo,

I have tried on three browsers, Chrome (usual browser), Firefox and Edge. The latter two I have never used so cache etc should be clear for virginmedia.

Just tried an incognito browser, still no luck I'm afraid.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @floydant 

I've just tried the following link using Chrome and it worked for me.virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

Please try that link and also from the same page you can download the TV Control app which you can use as a temporary solution until you receive a replacement.

Whether or not that works please pop back and let us know as a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you in a day or two if not resolved. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Corinneangela
Knows their stuff

If you don't fancy ringing VM (and frankly who would blame you), you could wait for a forum mod to reply and see if they can arrange for one to be sent out - usually takes a day or 2 for them to answer - but they may just tell you that you will have to call VM. 😞

Works for me on FF too.

OK, thank you.

Tried the Live Chat route, success! New remote on the way. Thank you for your help.