Menu
adebimpe
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 Remote not responding

My V6 box is not responding to the remote. It all started about two hours ago. I have tried every idea and suggestions given in similar post and responses but still no response. I cannot re-pair because I cannot enter the 'setting'. Nothing is displayed on the screen when I press the remote.

What should I do, please?

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Remote not responding

Holding TV and clear together u till the remote flashes then pressing thumbs down 3 times then OK resets the remote. 

Worth a try if you've checked the batteries 

0 Kudos
adebimpe
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I read this somewhere in a response to earlier complaint and I have tried it severally without success.

0 Kudos
keithse
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If new batteries and resetting don't work then it's probably dead!

For the short-term to allow you to use your V6 you could use the Virgin TV Control app as a remote if you install it on your phone.

To get a replacement remote you can text (not call) Virgin on 07533 051 809 and you can get one for free in about a week, or you can wait a day or two for a member of staff to pick up this thread (which will, including posting the remote, probably take at least the same amount of time for you to get one).

On the text number there's an "automated-bot" initially that'll reply, but once you've gone through that and it's satisfied itself it'll forward the query to a VM Rep.  There can be a day or so delay on the Rep getting back to you at the moment due to Covid, but after that it should be sorted.

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon adbbimpe,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your remote control. Can you please advise me what diagnostics you've ran through prior to your post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
adebimpe
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have done everything suggested. I just got another link to try a few things from the SMS exchange with Virgin Media. There is no light flashing on the remote,. just no response to anything. Most of what was suggested in the link given are what I have read about on the forum and tried severally. NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me

Let's see what we can do to have a new one sent out to you

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn