Menu
bantha29
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Remote Pairing Problem

Recently took delivery of new remote for our V6 box as old one kept falling apart. Trying to pair the new one but with no luck. Have unpaired existing remote and followed usual procedure of pressing info for 7 seconds but light stays red instead of going green.

Any suggestions?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Remote Pairing Problem

Hi bantha29,

It's possible that your replacement remote is not actually a new remote and needs unpairing.

To clear your changes and reset your Virgin TV remote to its original settings:

1. Press and hold down Clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice
  2. Press Thumbs Down three times, then press OK
  3. The LED will flash green twice and exit programming mode

Help on pairing the remote is here using-tv-remote 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
bantha29
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. This worked a treat! 👍

newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI bantha29,

Thanks for the update, I'm pleased it worked.

Hopefully you won't have any further problems, but if you do, just pop back onto the forums

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
PhilSand
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have the same problem, but my remote just simply will not flash green after holding the Info button down for 7 seconds (or for 30 seconds either). Could it be that I have been given a remote that will not pair? I have two V6 boxes and both remotes are the same and have the same problem. I have noticed that some remotes are different - mine has a Subtitles button, but some do not. Any ideas please? Thank you

0 Kudos