cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Problem

rickmac01
On our wavelength

I have recently reported a fault on my V6 box. The advisor on the phone said he was unable to help but I would receive a call back from second level support. This didn’t happen. So I called again to be told I had been contacted on my landline!!!! I have never used this number in the four years I have been with Virgin Media. This advisor said he would organise for me to be contacted on my mobile, the phone number I always use!!!!! 
That was 5 days ago. And guess what….. No call!!!!

Something tells me I might not be renewing my contract in 2 months' time!!!!!

Am I going to get a reply get my fault fixed??

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rickmac01 

What is the actual fault on your V6 box ?  Please list any error messages and error numbers as well  which will help forum staff when they pick this up in a day or two. Otherwise if you don't want to wait for forum staff then call 150 (faults) again

Is your mobile number now listed as your contact number when you sign into /my-virgin-media ?

(Account Settings > Account Details)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rickmac01 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your TV Box. I've had a look on our side, and can see you have spoken with our team since your post, who were able to assist you further with this.

Please do let us know if you need anything else, and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Good Afternoon

The problem has not yet been solved, but after 4 phone calls to your call centre, and engineer is coming out, although I do not believe this fault can be fixed as its a channel issue, and is due to the many channel changes Virgin Media made, and basically the recording(s) were made from Channel 108, which was BBC1HD, and the box now says this channel is no longer available on Virgin Media.

RM

One of your engineers came out, and as I previously said, found no problem with the box at all. He also agreed with me in the fact that the recordings I was having problems with, was in fact due to the channel changes that occurred. 

I have two issues with this. When these changes occurred, in the notification I received, It stated that no action was needed by me, as the series links etc would be automatically updated, which indeed they were. It also stated that any receding's would be playable, and as I found out this was in fact not the case.

The second issue is with your operatives at the call centres you use. I explained all of this to them, and not one of them actually listened to what I was saying, and, it seemed to me to imply that I had no idea of what I was talking about. This definitely happens when its one of your "off shore" centres that answers my calls, and they can sound very condescending. AND....... if I am told to "reboot my box" one more time I might just scream at them!!! Believe me, before I ring you that the first thing I do, as most people know its the first rule of any IT fault finding.... switch it off and back on again!!!

In the 4 years I have been a customer with you, the outages, and problems I have had I could count on one hand, and so in principle I have no problem with the actual service you provide, but PLEASE give your customer service representatives more training in how to handle customers!!!!!