Menu
themarne
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

V6 Picture Problems with Samsung Smart TV

We have Samsung Smart TV and V6 VM box is connected via 4k hdmi cable. We keep losing the picture but WM interface and sound there. Output options selected are 2600 and 2600 passtrough. Samsung TV won't let me change the auto tuning options as it's greyed out. I have tried various hdmi ports but the result is the same. The TV hub is up to date. 

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Picture Problems with Samsung Smart TV

@themarne wrote:

We have Samsung Smart TV and V6 VM box is connected via 4k hdmi cable. We keep losing the picture but WM interface and sound there. Output options selected are 2600 and 2600 passtrough. Samsung TV won't let me change the auto tuning options as it's greyed out. I have tried various hdmi ports but the result is the same. The TV hub is up to date. 

...I'm guessing you mean 2160p!

Don't quite understand what you're saying as your post doesn't make much sense but have you tried resetting the Smart Hub? This will allow you to re-set up all the devices connected to your tv, in turn.

themarne
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. What don't you understand about losing the picture? Is there any other way of describing it? The picture just disappeares, bang! There is no picture!

Yes, 2160p. 

I called up Virgin a couple of weeks ago who strongly advised me against resetting the box as it might create more issues. Is this true? 

Also when I once tried to reset it at the end it asks you to press thumbs up three times and last CH. What does last CH mean? Last channel? Do you just type in the number of the last channel? 

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@themarne wrote:

Thanks for your reply. What don't you understand about losing the picture? Is there any other way of describing it? The picture just disappeares, bang! There is no picture!

Yes, 2160p. 

I called up Virgin a couple of weeks ago who strongly advised me against resetting the box as it might create more issues. Is this true? 

Also when I once tried to reset it at the end it asks you to press thumbs up three times and last CH. What does last CH mean? Last channel? Do you just type in the number of the last channel? 

....you said, "....We keep losing the picture but WM interface and sound there" Do you mean that the picture goes black but you can still hear the program?

When it asks you to confirm your changes, it will then ask you to press the 'thumbs up' button 3 times followed by the 'last ch' button which is the bottom right corner button on the VM remote.

Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Yes. The picture disappears intermittently but we still have sound and the VM interface is visible. 

What are the repercussions of resetting the box? Does anyone know? I don't know why VM technical support advised me against it.

Ta

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@themarne wrote:

Hi, 

Yes. The picture disappears intermittently but we still have sound and the VM interface is visible. 

What are the repercussions of resetting the box? Does anyone know? I don't know why VM technical support advised me against it.

Ta

Have you tried the old trick of turning the box off and then back on again (there is a switch around the back on the left hand side - allow it to turn fully off for a few seconds before turning it back on again)?

I would also select all the settings within the video output settings page to see if you experience the same issues.

Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The picture only comes back after turning it off the socket but I would like to avoid doing it if I can as it takes so long for the VM to start up. 

I have previously had all the options checked but I still had the same issue.

Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@themarne wrote:

The picture only comes back after turning it off the socket but I would like to avoid doing it if I can as it takes so long for the VM to start up. 

I have previously had all the options checked but I still had the same issue.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ok, good to know you've tried those things then.

What do you mean by, "...... Samsung TV won't let me change the auto tuning options as it's greyed out" Where are you seeing these in the Samsung menu exactly (perhaps there is a setting there which needs changing)?

Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have now reset the box and picture is completely lost and won't even come back after turning it off an on. 

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@themarne wrote:

I have now reset the box and picture is completely lost and won't even come back after turning it off an on. 

...are you able to try your V6 box in a different TV at all - if there's still no picture, perhaps you need a new box?