Menu
TechMad
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

V6 Only has one output

So I finally got VM to replace my aging second box in the kitchen,trouble is the V6 only has one HDMI output and I used the scart to send the signal to the TV in the dining room via a Dragonsat RF Modulator UHF Channel 21-69 CCTV Convert to Aerial TV Phono VHF. Can I connect to my second TV witout a load of changes anything Wifi?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Only has one output

Hi TechMad,

if you want to watch TV via Virgin on a second TV then you should order another box.

If you search the forums you may find a way of doing this with an HDMI splitter, however I'm not sure if this is against Virgins terms and conditions

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
TechMad
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So you get a new box with less outputs this is called progress

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely - removing the analogue output. We live in a digital world.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The issue is not about digital versus analogue. (And as digital TV is carried using analogue QAM over the access network I'd say that analogue isn't dead yet.) The removal of the SCART connector means that I can no longer connect my DVD recorder to the STB, it's the content owners who finally triumphed and made things very difficult for users.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
TechMad
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And I now find out that the Europe-audio-video is not enabled so even one of these won't work https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amino-STB-Set-Top-Box-audio-video-lead-cable-10-pin-Mini-DIN-to-Scart-TV/...

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@TechMad wrote:

And I now find out that the Europe-audio-video is not enabled so even one of these won't work 

It's a bit clunky and no guarantees it would work, but you could get this HDMI to SCART converter - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Aluminum-Converter-Composite-Adapter-4K-2160P/dp/B06XRX5L71 and then connect your SCART to RF converter to that.

As mentioned, if you'd also want to use HDMI on a local TV you'd also need an HDMI splitter

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
TechMad
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I think my next step is to contact VM and see if they can offer a work around as they have created the problem I can't be the only person in th the UK with this problem.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They have the same workaround as BT and Sky also offer - a second box for a second tv.

I doubt if VM will offer anything else.

@TechMad wrote:

I think my next step is to contact VM and see if they can offer a work around as they have created the problem I can't be the only person in th the UK with this problem.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The only solution (excluding the additional box option as mentioned above) from VM would a downgrade of the box to the older TiVo which has both SCART and HDMI.

But they are slower than the V6 box and the V6 has more content options than the TiVo does due to the newer hardware.

And I'm not sure if that's even possible these days - Virgin Media are trying to upgrade people to V6 whenever they can.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos