Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 On Demand Live error on one V6 box, not other one

I have tried multiple times over several weeks to get Live football on demand .  I can book the event OK, but when I go to watch it, I get a W02 error (problem with the signal on this service).  However, I can then happily watch the subscribed match on the other V6 box in my house.

Both V6 boxes are connected via WiFi, using the same Virgin WiFi extender.  The failing one reports 85% signal strength - with no issues reported by Network Diagnostics, other than the (usual?) port scan failues.  I have rebooted the V6 box multiple times, including complete power cycle, to no effect.  All other services work fine.

Do I need to try and get a replacement V6 box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 On Demand Live error on one V6 box, not other one

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/w02 this would suggest a TV signal issue, and would affect live TV channels. Your internet & VOD services are carried over the internet connection and are separate.

Can you try swapping the boxes around, to see if the problem follows the box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Luckily the Premier League changed their policy on Pay per View matches, so I haven't had to do this since.  Saves me physically moving the boxes - they have very different content stored on them, so it would be rather inconvenient for the family.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You do realise you can stream recorded programmes between multiple TiVo & V6 boxes in the same house?...

So all your recordings on box 1 can be watched through box 2, and vice versa.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos