Clydebuilt1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 On Demand Blank

Hi Folks,

I'm new on here so go easy!! 😊

I have been a customer of Virgin Media since they were NTL "back in the day"

Since 2017 I have had a V6 in the lounge and a Tivo in the Office - a couple of weeks back I swapped the Tivo for another V6. It installed easily however the existing Lounge V6 then flagged an account error. This was resolved by a phone call however since then the On Demand window is completely blank (ie just the black background - no options to select)

The Office V6 works perfectly however I cant seem to get to the bottom of the On Demand issue with the Lounge V6. A phone call to VM today resulted in an "I'll call you back" response.

Can anyone throw any light on this issue? The V6 in question is properly connected via wireless and all other functions appear OK. I have tried connecting to Virgin Media Services which makes no difference.

Hoping for a positive response!!

Gav (Clydebuilt1971)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 On Demand Blank

What make and model is the TV the V6 having problems with On Demand is connected to?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Clydebuilt1971
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello !

Its a Samsung RE26EO 26" 1080P LED TV (approx 15yrs old) - the V6 box functioned perfectly with this TV before the other V6 was added.

Thanks

Gav

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output, make sure that 1080 is selected.

Is this happening on all OnDemand content? Including non-BBC CatchUp?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It would also be worth trying 720p only just to rule out any issues with the 1080 support.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Clydebuilt1971
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Again!

Thanks for your replies

I tried the resolution change to no effect however there was a brief power outage just at the same time which triggered a restart of the box and when it came back on line everything was where it should be. I tried the reboot before and it was not effective but I did notice the V6 took a little longer to restart this time so maybe it was downloading a firmware update or hadnt started up correctly the last time.

Thankyou for trying to assist - all seems OK now.

Merry Xmas

Gav

0 Kudos