Menu
darren-w-gray
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 Not waking from sleep

Morning Everyone,

Our V6 is probably three years old or so now and has always been set-up for the low power mode when not being used. Generally it's on from 7am to 10pm - so gets a lot of use.

Over the last few months though, I have noticed I am having to power cycle it more often to get it going. The white light comes on but no picture or sound. At first it was just occasional, but I have now had to do it 3 times in the last few weeks. Does this sound like a dying box to anyone, or have we just been lucky in the past?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Not waking from sleep

This could well be an HDMI communication issue. I would:

1) Try another lead.

2) Try turning the TV on before the box & vice-versa.

You could also try forcing the V6 output resolution to the TVs optimum setting. I had problems with this when set to automatic.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Not waking from sleep

As an experiment - try switch the tv on 15 seconds before the V6 is switched on - see if that makes any difference.

@darren-w-gray wrote:

Morning Everyone,

Our V6 is probably three years old or so now and has always been set-up for the low power mode when not being used. Generally it's on from 7am to 10pm - so gets a lot of use.

Over the last few months though, I have noticed I am having to power cycle it more often to get it going. The white light comes on but no picture or sound. At first it was just occasional, but I have now had to do it 3 times in the last few weeks. Does this sound like a dying box to anyone, or have we just been lucky in the past?

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos