cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Hard Drive Beginning To Fail?

PJDiddy
On our wavelength

Hi

Had my V6 box for some years now and in the last few weeks it's started playing up on recordings. Many of these begin to pixelate and break up before coming back on which we've lived with however an increasing number are now freezing and then its hard to get back to the menu as the box sometimes becomes unresponsive and occasionally to the point of crashing/resetting itself. A number of recordings also won't start and a message states that the programme has not recorded and channel may not have been broadcasting (or something similar. I've also found it some morning as if it's gone through a hard reset and preferences have changed to their default like needing a PIN for recordings after the watershed etc although my recording were all still there.

Live TV works perfectly fine on all channels (as does on-demand), I saw the suggestion of pausing live TV and then playing back, having just done so, it froze a couple of minutes in, the menu wouldn't come on and then the box reset itself! I'm hesitant to try a full reset incase it gets stuck in a loop as the sticky suggest. Anything else to try or do I need a new box?

Thanks

Paul

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your V6's hard drive does sound unwell, it cant be repaired and this will result - sooner or later - in a tech visit for a box replacement.

Depending how urgently you want this booked, you can either call in to report the fault or wait on here for VM staff to respond. The latter may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey PJDiddy, 

Thank you for your post! 

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having here! It definitely sounds like this needs looking into - I will pop you over a private message to do that 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan.