Menu
ID375
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 HMDI issue

There seems to be a problem with the HDMI port on my V6 box.  We have a new tv so it is not the port on the tv and we have recently bought new HMDI cables and neither of them work on the V6 box.

There is no picture or sound but sometimes it comes on briefly if I wiggle the cable in the back of the V6 hdmi port. However when it does connect there is always a sound distortion even if I change the video output.

Please advise

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 HMDI issue

@ID375 wrote:

There seems to be a problem with the HDMI port on my V6 box.  We have a new tv so it is not the port on the tv and we have recently bought new HMDI cables and neither of them work on the V6 box.

Although I would like to hope it's unlikely on new kit, how do you know the TV doesn't have a fault with the port? Does another known good device (DVD player, games console etc) work in the same port?

Admittedly if you get some life out of the port on the V6 by wiggling the cable, that would tend to suggest a connection issue. Is this a new box, or has the problem just started?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ID375
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we have tried an xbox on it and it works and also attached a laptop.  The problem was very intermittent before but now it happens most of the time and every time it does work there is always sound issues which didn't happen all the time before. Having to watch things through my laptop at the moment through TVGO

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @ID375 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have have had some issues with your TV services. 

Are you able to let me know how things are when you use an alternative HDMI cable in the V6 box. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
ID375
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi things are just the same when we changed the HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can confirm your account information and then I can look further into this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

ID375
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't seem to have received a PM from you.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ID375,

I am sorry you don't seem to have received a private message.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and been through a few fault checks, it looks like an engineer is needed so I've popped you over a private message myself to get a few more details from you to arrange this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for sending those details over via private message ID375 🙂

I've arranged a technician for you, you can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos