Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 21 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 HDMI Splitting

Hi, Have the latest LG SUHD tv. I can only say I get a noticeable higher display of SUHD on channel 999 when it shows it’s promotional video. The actual programs don’t look any differently from the brilliant definition I get, particularly BBC studio programs.

You can compare the display definition by connecting directly to the V6.box.

You can go into the V6 Settings  /  display output.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 22 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Mark77a wrote:

Tried many of the options above and still no joy splitting to a TV and a Projector.
However digging a bit deeper (and also on other forums) it looks like Virgin's latest version of HDMI 1.4+ has a new HDCP 2.2 which most splitters cannot use and certainly not for splitting to older TV's and projectors which need HDCP 1.4 (with less 'protection' ) .
To solve this search for 'Stripper' and 'Bypasses HDCP'  (as well as splitter) what this means is stripping HDCP 2.2 back to HDCP 1.4 >> Problem solved !!

(shame on Virgin for not making this clear OR connecting up the Scart port on the V6 box ;-/  ... we dont all have or want 4K .. little content and need hawk eyes 🙂 )

here is an example ebay better than amazon as more up to date !! eg  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-WAY-HD-Hub-1080p-1-x-4-HDMI-3D-Television-TV-Splitter-Amplifier-Bypasse...

Yes, I agree 100%. Shame on VM for not advising how to circumvent copy protection and allow people to avoid the cost of a second box by splitting the HDMI output. And in the process infringe the licencing agreements it has with the content providers.

TBH they are being well tolerant allowing such discussion on the official forum so count your blessings....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 23 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, picking up on yr thread of 2yrs ago, i was considering a splitter from my new v6 to by-pass home cinema receivet ad i dont always want to watch everything through it. I achieved this on old tivo using scart out, but new v6 only has the 1 hdmi out. A Richer Sounds guy said i cud just plug all sources direct to to tv via hdmi and just have a digital optical cable from tv to h.c. amp & then just turn amp on when i want and it will pick up audio only from which ever source is being used. 

Will this work ? B4 i spend time faffing around with cables & connections 4 nothing, thanks if you can advise, from technophobe in Bristol 

0 Kudos