Menu
Heyoka
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 HDMI Splitting, long cables

Hello, I am using a Splitter/Combiner (both HDCP 2.2) set-up for two TVs.  One TV is brand new with streaming capability, the other is much older.  V6 to Splitter is 0.9M and Splitter to modern TV is 2M (all cables recently upgraded to HDMI 2.0).  Without the Splitter everything is fine.  With the Splitter in use but not the second output, all worked well.  Once the second cable was connected I now get momentary loss of signal for about 1 second.  There is a 4M cable to the Combiner which is in a different room and an 0.9M cable into the TV.  Combiner was advertised as supporting 5M cables, or 3M for 4K signal (I do not know if V6 output is 4K).  The Combiner manual states 2M for 4K signal at HDCP 2.2. Is this simply a case of the cable being too long? If it is then can anyone advise what spec I really need?  I can reduce the 4M to 3M but not any shorter as the second TV is on a lower floor.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 HDMI Splitting, long cables

Everytime you add a combiner or a join the signal degrades. Realistically you want one cable from the splitter to the TV only. 

I've managed to run two 20m splits but I had to buy an optical HDMI cable and had no joins either 

0 Kudos
Heyoka
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I am using a Combiner as the TV only has one HDMI input and I am running a feed from a satellite receiver as well as a Bluray into it.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Try it without, some combines are not 4k compatible 

0 Kudos