Menu
Unknown67
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

V6 HDMI Fault

One of my boxes (V6) seems to have developed a fault. BBC IPlayer will not start at all, and when you go onto the home screen the page is corrupted.

I've tried everything I can think of, (swapped boxes to a different TV, changed HDMI V6.jpgcables, changed HDMI ports and done a full reset of the box.

4K is fine on catch up so its not a HDCP issue.

I've attached a pic of the home screen.

Regards John.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 HDMI Fault

"Apps & Games" & "Kids" are on the same line of picture, and "Kids" is perfectly aligned, but the left-hand menu certainly isn't healthy. Is the same misalignment apparent in the full-screen TV view?

The picture in your post has unfortunately overwritten part of the message, I think you're saying that you've tried restarting the box via Help & Settings > Clear or restart?

Something else worth a shot is tweaking the video output settings via Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Video output. Make a change to the config, and then change it back. Does this bring the output "back into line"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Unknown67
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No it doesn't. Changed the video output to 1080p and its the same, even after a reboot.

Tried the box on the LG pictured and a Philips OLED it's the same on both tvs. Iplayer won't work on either TV. Loading circle comes up then a black screen and back to the catchup menu. Other boxes are fine and working great.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sign into Check Service status at the top of this page. It shows any local faults, but more importantly you can also run a test against the V6 box.

By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer, which saves a phone call.

.If the above doesn't help then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Unknown67 wrote:

No it doesn't. Changed the video output to 1080p and its the same, even after a reboot.

In which case I think you have a faulty box. You can either wait for forum staff to respond on here, which may take a day or so... or call into VM faults to report it. 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Unknown67
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Spoken to a lovely guy called Alan this morning. He did lots of diagnostic tests, asked if I had changed resolutions on box to tv. Asked me to go to home screen and tell him what was displayed. Went to the apps and apart from Netfix the ones we tried wouldn't load.

Anyway, result. Engineer coming on Friday morning (16th).

thanks for all your help guys.

John.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again John,

Thanks for the update.

Fingers crossed that all goes well on Friday.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thank you for your post regarding your V6 HDMI fault, glad to hear you received helpful service from Alan over the phone. I will pass on your positive feedback 🙂

Please do keep me posted on how things go with your engineer visit tomorrow, hope your TV is back up and running perfectly very soon.

Serena

0 Kudos
Unknown67
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came out Friday morning, did lots of tests. Finally connected box to his screen and same fault. It’s been swapped out for a new Humax box with the TiVo software on. Result and excellent service all round👍👍

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again John,

Thanks for the further update.

I'm pleased to see you now have a working connection along with a new box.

Stay safe and take care

Dave

0 Kudos