Menu
Tjones
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 HDD Failure

My v6 box has been failing for the past few days and now it appears that the HDD had died.
At first we noticed a loud clicking coming from the HDD.

This then progressed in to being unable to play recorded programmes or ones that did play were unable to fast forward.

Yesterday the box was randomly resetting and currently will not boot at all! It displays the welcome screen for approx 2 mins, you can hear the hdd try to load then it eventually dies and clicks.

I have tried to contact the call centre but after being stuck in a queue for 45 mins I couldn’t take anymore. 

I switched the box with the one from upstairs and that one works fine with all the same cables and setup, so it’s 100% a HDD failure. 

Can anyone help in sorting out a replacement v6 box please. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 HDD Failure

Virgin staff do respond to posts on here, but it can take several days.

I recommend you keep trying to call C/S in the meantime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tjones
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 HDD Failure

Spent over an hour on the phone last night trying to explain to the lady on the other end that it’s the HDD that’s failed and it’s not down to the internet connection. 

Finally she listened and arranged a new box to be sent.

big praise as it’s turned up today and it’s now plugged in working as the box should. 

0 Kudos