Menu
William-R
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 HDCP error

Googling for Sky Q HDCP does indeed bring up what look like similar issues. I think it's an industry-wide problem. It does seem a bit odd that these devices are capable of downgrading their own HDCP on demand, so all a pirate would have to do is make sure their illicit disk ripping device is not an HDCP 2.2 compliant one so that the V6 switches to a less secure mode, or else buy a black box off Amazon for £9.99, then they are back in business.

My 2014 Yamaha RX-V777 appears not to be HDCP 2.2 compliant and my 2009 Loewe TV certainly isn't, but it all works fine for a couple of weeks at a time and then goes blank. What seems to work is switching to a different input every couple of weeks. I'm not sure what will happen when I eventually upgrade the TV.
0 Kudos
SteveD9
Tuning in
Message 32 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Not sure this is entirely correct ... virgin need to allow all It’s non 4k content to be pushed thru a 4k amp/receiver and into a non 4k tv or projector. The v6 box allows me to push non 4k channels direct to a non 4k tv but not thru an amp (Denon in my case)..... Virgin, pls get your act together and help out all of us who have 5.1 surround sound etc
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Super solver
Message 33 of 38
Flag for a moderator

As your Denon is HDCP 2.2 compliant, the best clean solution is to get a TV or projector which is also HDCP 2.2 compliant.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
0 Kudos
SteveD9
Tuning in
Message 34 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Agreed, but I think the point being made is that 100% of my usage is non 4k - Virgin have as a result of the v6, made my not inconsiderable ££ system useless for what I used before, use now and will use until such time as I want or think 4k is worth the investment.
I haven’t asked for 4k functionality but am being forced to take it, rendering the hardware I have as incompatible ...
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Super solver
Message 35 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Unless your Denon has a non-HDCP 2.2 port, consider getting an AVR which does not support HDCP 2.2. I have such a setup with both my 1080p plasma TV and Onkyo AVR being HDCP 1.4 compliant, and my V6 handshakes with them.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
0 Kudos
RBS
Joining in
Message 36 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I found the error went away when I changed audio output to pcm. I hope this free fix works for others. Obviously I had to connect directly to tv while changing settings!

0 Kudos
RBS
Joining in
Message 37 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Alas, this only worked until the box was put on standby.Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Simples1960
Joining in
Message 38 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem.

My solution?

My equipment is  a TV6 through an Onkyo TX RZ800 receiver and a ten year old Sony TV.

Two of the Onkyo HDMI inputs are non HDCP 2.2.

I connected the TV6 box to one of those inputs and it worked a treat.

People might want to try the TV6 through a non HDCP 2.2 HDMI input

0 Kudos