Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Guide: To Be Announced

Hi geolin1950,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V6 box.

I've run diagnostics on the box and although the box is online and connecting to the network the guide data is still showing out of date. I'd like to send a technician to check it out for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
474phil
Joining in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box fault. "To be announced" I tried the exact same things that you did, and it failed also

it is the TiVo, it is not getting the latest updates though the system. Obviously a fault on the system rom. Oh well. 

I fixed mine by plugging the TiVo to my router. Then once connected on the TiVo go into the settings then select Network, next select Connect to the Virgin media services now.. 

IMG_5387.JPG

this then updates the TiVo 

0 Kudos
474phil
Joining in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

System updates applying

tivo box requires the updates from Virgin media Service's. Connect the TiVo to your hub/router with a patch lead. Once connected select the update. Using the TV guide->settings->network->"Connect to the Virgin media Services now"
0 Kudos
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem and have tried the screenshot about via wifi and it took about 2 mins to to the last part, but still no epg data.

do you really need to be physically connected for this to work?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi pbarrett

Sorry to hear about the problems with your service, I've taken a look at this from our end and things are looking good at the moment, I hope that means that the service has improved? 

If not, reboot your set top box and let me know so I can take another look for you.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paul243
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have 56 channels showing  "to be announced" Last time it happened it took 2 hours to reload having used "re-connect to network"

Do I have to do It again,why is it happening!?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi paul243

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service. 

I've located your account to run some tests on your set top box and we're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment. 

I hope that means that things have improved since your post? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mojocallin
Joining in
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You may have lost power, reset your router or given it a new password. You may have to re-enter the password to enable connection to virgin media. After it has gone through it's cycle, re-boot the TiVo box and hey presto. Well, it worked for me.

0 Kudos