cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Green Screen

VMC9110
On our wavelength

Hi, A green screen* appeared on the V6 TV Box Thursday morning, it was left turned on for 24 hours, but it kept cycling through the same screens (green screen, palm tree/no signal, welcome, starting up..., arrow pointing down to rectangle with 2 dots, welcome). Next it was powered off for 30 seconds, then turned back on but still not working. I have POA for this account, please can you help get this fixed.

*The full green screen message says "The DVR Has Detected A Serious Problem And Is Now Attempting To Fix It. This Will Take About Three Hours. PLEASE DO NOT UNPLUG OR RESTART THE DVR! If You Have A Plasma TV And Or Concerned About Image Burn In, You Should Turn Off The TV For The Next Three Hours. If After Three Hours, And The DVR Does Not Restart, Please Call Customer Support."

Thanks VMC9110

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This message means your V6's hard drive has failed - you will need a tech visit to replace your box with a new one.

You can report this in the same way you would any other service fault..

1: Call into 0345 4541111 (or 150 from a VM phone) and choose the "I have a fault" options.

2: Wait on this forum for a VM staff member to respond. Perhaps a few days, now it's Friday.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This message means your V6's hard drive has failed - you will need a tech visit to replace your box with a new one.

You can report this in the same way you would any other service fault..

1: Call into 0345 4541111 (or 150 from a VM phone) and choose the "I have a fault" options.

2: Wait on this forum for a VM staff member to respond. Perhaps a few days, now it's Friday.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi VMC9110, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I would love to help you with you V6 issue.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

VMC9110
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thanks Japitts and Lee for your replies. I replied to Lee's private message but am still waiting for help. The V6 box has been totally unusable since last Thursday morning. The green screen keeps looping every few minutes and we have now turned the box off. Can one of the teeam help please?

Thanks, Ian

Hi @VMC9110

Did you receive my last private message? Please do check and if you need to, get back to me?

Regards

Lee

VMC9110
On our wavelength
In reply to dean1968 who asked Monday "Hi, How do I resolve this issue. I have rung 150 who told me to do lots of things. I told the adviser about the green screen and the little box with the white arrow. She told me that a tech  member would contact me. Still waiting."

I can confirm the above as correct 👍 The green screen wasted a lot of time, following the on screen instructions, searching online, posting on the forum and phoning the helpline.  Then needed to wait in for the engineer who installed the new box.  Can't remember 🤔 but may have lost recordings and ongoing timers 🤔 .  (Can't check because I've now disconnected and removed the box for safe keeping until the end of contract, as it turned out the user (mum) was no longer able to use it due to disability and had only been watching freeview!) Cheers VMC9110