Menu
Snoops-two
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Error 603

Just wanted to post to save some pain for other users. Friday night tried to watch a program on catchup (The Discovery of Witches) and got the dreaded Error 603. This occurred after watching 2 episodes and trying to start the 3rd, got to the end of the adverts and error screen pops up. Tried about 20 times, restarting the box (we already knew we were using the right cable and it was in the right socket) and in the end after about an hour we gave up. We were not convinced it was anything to do with cables or sockets because we'd already watched 2 episodes with no issues.  Saturday and Sunday without touching anything we have watched loads more episodes of the program so what's going on, is it simply the amount of users trying to access the program/service ?  Just about fed up with all the excuses we think it's simply down to the numbers accessing the service so considering the amount of money we all pay each month Virgin Media need to get it sorted. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Error 603

Are you watching on a 4K TV?

Are you watching on a Samsung TV?

Does a restart solve the issue? (even if only temporarily?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Snoops-two
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please re-read my message, it’s got nothing to do with 4k tv or the make. We tried to watch on 3 different tv’s after we started getting the issue and couldn’t get anything on any tv which 2 are not 4k. Didn’t touch the tv or cables or restart the box the next day and everything works as it should and  has continued to do so.  This must be connected with load on the system or something because without fail if we have any issues it’s always on a Friday evening. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Snoops-two wrote:

Please re-read my message, it’s got nothing to do with 4k tv or the make. We tried to watch on 3 different tv’s after we started getting the issue and couldn’t get anything on any tv which 2 are not 4k.

I've re-read your original post, you didn't mention trying different TVs 😉 Are these connected to different V6 boxes? You mentioned about restarting the V6, and that this error occurred after watching 2 episodes.

Out of interest, what time on Friday night was this?

And... do you have a Samsung and/or 4K TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Snoops-two
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

About 21:30 or thereabouts. All 3 tv’s have their own V6 box 2 of them are Samsung of which 1 is 4k but VM cable in correct HDMI socket direct from V6 box to tv but there can’t be anything wrong with the hardware because we’ve not touched anything and Sat and Sun we watched multiple episodes of the series without issues. 

0 Kudos