Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 Disconnected

Engineer called yesterday to fix our internet but now our V6 box has been disconnected from our account. 7400 error showing on our TV. The supposed help on virgin media.com/help doesn’t work. I spent 40 minutes yesterday getting through to technical section. Nice chap called Peter said he would reconnect our account and it would take an hour.

It’s 10am the following day and still no connection. Ive been through re-booting, Help/Settings/Network/ connect to virgin media. None of that works. I am now 55 minutes into a phone call which has been picked up by your overseas team. Transferred from initial operator to another who has now transferred me to another number which I think is UK based. Still waiting for an answer. I pay over £100 a month for this. You system is a joke!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Disconnected

Hi that code means that your box has been deactivated, call the activation number 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of the box to hand. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky. I have got through to technical  services now after 75 minutes and have given the serial number to them. They have my account details. I did this yesterday too. I am still waiting for them to activate the V6 box. I will try your number- maybe 3rd time lucky!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My issue is now resolved Micky! Thank you to you and the kind lady at Virgin who sorted it out for me. Now I can get on with life instead of being on the phone all day

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pause and rewind not supported on myV6 BOX

After internet and v6 issues, I now can’t use pause or rewind. ‘ not supported’! Anyone had this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pause and rewind not supported on myV6 BOX

Can you set and/or play recordings?

And do you have all your correct channels?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don’t have recording either. Can’t record or play

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You could try refreshing your channel list to see if that "hit" serves to boot the box into life. I have doubts, but it's worth a shot.

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > "I'm missing some channels"

If that fails, then it's back to C/S.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. Problem solved by reconnecting to ‘virgin media services’. I did try this earlier without success but it’s worked now. Thanks again 

0 Kudos