Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

V6 C233 error

probably the easiest one for the forum team - I'm getting a C233 error on my V6 box since i've had a move around at home - box is no longer in a position to hardwire to the hub, and the wifi signal in my house is atrocious at the best of times.  I've been through all the usual checks and no joy, i know i can get a wired booster set, but do i really have to ring offshore to do it, or is it something that can be done by you guys at all?  i've had no end of issues with my bb service in the last 9 months or so, and the thought of having yet another conversation with the robots offshore fills me with pain...to the point that VM are lucky that they're the only fibre on my street, or they wouldn't be the provider of my services, it's been THAT bad!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 C233 error

Hello abacab

This is probably the easiest post I have replied to today 

Sorry you have had to contact us

I have been able to locate your account from the forum details

Although I am unable to discuss the account 

I can and have arranged for a pair of WiFi boosters to be sent out free of charge 

These should be with you by Friday at the latest 

Hope that helps 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Is the V6 still connected to a cable connection point?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

yep, connected to the white cable as normal, previously had a tivo box in the room where the v6 now is with no issues, it's purely the wifi connection in that particular part of the house that's the issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

thanks Gareth, that's amazing service...if only they'd all been like you 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, we are having the same problem with C233 - please could you advise?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to our Community Forum C_fass and sorry to hear that you have a C233 error issue.

So we can help, we'll need more information about your individual setup as I can't find your details using the information we have.

Can you tell us how your V6 box is connected to the internet and whether anything has changed before and after you started getting that error?

Is it always like that and have you tried rebooting the V6 box and checking the connections on the back?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hiya, we connect via the wifi. Nothing has changed but over the last few weeks I would say 3/4 of the time we try and use any kind of on demand or apps the tv box can't connect to the internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

We have also noticed our broadband dropping out a lot and being slower than usual, despite us supposedly being on the 350mb broadband

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi C_Fass,

Thank you for popping back 🙂
Are you able to connect your tv box via an ethernet cable to see if this helps? Also are you able to post a BQM graph so we can have a look at the dropouts? You can do that here

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos