Menu
roscoe44
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 C233 Error

Hi, I have 2 x V6 boxes, 1 x is connected to the VM router by cable, the other by Wi-Fi.

The Wi-Fi box suffers a lot from the C233 error, rebooting the box sometimes resolves, but it's happening a lot.

Any suggestions to resolve?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 C233 Error

The ideal solution is to have the box connected by Ethernet, to be bluntly honest - it's the most reliable & stable method.

But if WiFi is a must, then the first thing is to check your WiFi signal strength - follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. What does the signal strength report as, in the top-right?

You can try manually forcing a connection in this same screen, but if the WiFi signal is poor, then that's the underlying problem

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi roscoe44,

If you can't connect via ethernet you could look at obtaining a booster and use that along with an ethernet cable into your other V6.

You may be entitled to a free booster, best way to check is use the VM Connect app virgin-media-connect-app 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
roscoe44
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I used the connect app and indeed it says I can order a wifi booster. The web site says it's free but the VM rep just kept laughing and saying it's now £3 per month for everyone.

I've managed to negotiate a 'trial'. However I think I may look into powerline adapters or may setting up another router as an access point. 

Thanks for the advice!