Menu
jackclemson
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6. Broken. Irreparably.

My V6 box has joined the choir invisible. It whirs and beeps and doesn't work anymore. It's been about a week now, and I have attempted to engage with you in the following ways:

1. Initial fault report (3 minutes, Sunday) - outcome: robot lady told me there was no fault and hung up.

2. Second fault report (62 minutes, Sunday) - on hold for 62 minutes, disconnected.

3. Virgin Media App (Four consecutive days) - a groundhog day of being ignored, transferred, ignored again, transferred again, etc.

4. Tried to report a fault on the website (yesterday). Could only select 'mobile' as an option, so didn't proceed.

4. Twitter (yesterday). Told me to sign up here. I got an error message.

My monthly bill has just come through and its £61.50 and normally I'd be picking a fight about value for money.

But you must know that this isn't good service, and this must be the normal customer experience, and you must be ok with it, and you've exhausted me.

Please just send me the box. Please. I am so tired.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6. Broken. Irreparably.

Thanks for the post Jackclemson and welcome to our community.

Can we firstly please confirm what the light on the V6 is currently showing? 

Have you already run a reboot and resat all the cables running from the V6 box to the Hub and TV? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
jackclemson
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Currently no light showing as the damn thing's unplugged, it makes the most horrendously annoying whirring, whining and clicking noise when I plug it in.

I've reset all the cables and done what I can, but it does appear to be kaput.
0 Kudos
jackclemson
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any chance of an answer here?
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @jackclemson

Thanks for popping back to us - I have located your account from your forum information but unable to go through any checks at this end as it is turned off - as you mentioned during the week. Is it just the noises that are causing concern? Are you having any other issues with the box currently? 

We would need to do some checks from here to see if this can be fixed remotely, via a replacement or if a technician is required; can you provide a bit more information so we can best assist you? 

(if a replacement is needed - would you be happy to install yourself or would this need a technician visit?)

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jackclemson
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie, appreciate you coming back to me with an answer. I had an (admittedly uncharacteristic) success calling through today and managed to get one of your colleagues to order a replacement, which we're happy to install. However we didn't quite get round to talking about crediting the account given that we've reported the ticket in so many ways so long ago - can you still help me with that?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ahh - I see the request for a replacement on the account now @jackclemson; looks like it was done shortly after I had checked the account. 

For any loss of TV services, a credit can be applied from when the issue is reported to us and logged on the account until the issue is resolved. It is calculated by how many days you were impacted and how much you pay each month. (This is not linked to the OFCOM auto compensation policy; the OFCOM policy is for Broadband and telephone faults only after 48hours)

Once you have confirmed that everything is working with your replacement, please feel free to pop back and we can check your account and ensure the appropriate credit is added for you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos