Menu
Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box

Help ! 

My V6 box suddenly turned off, it came back on with an error message V53 then turned off again and it's stuck in "Starting Up", it's been in our house for 3 weeks installed as a new setup on 19th Jan, the box has someone else's recordings on it so i guess it was returned for some reason !

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box

@Hudz750 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/v53

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I had gone onto the Virgin Media website and tried what it said on there but the box just froze, after 45 minutes it came back on, I explained to John via private message that the box kept freezing, he thought it might be because we weren't given the remote control for it, so we were sent one but it still keeps doing it, also our phone line still isn't working and our bill is incorrect.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'd suggest dealing with your phone & bill issues separately.

Has your TV box come on now? V53 errors and "a box that won't boot up" are two different issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for replying, yes the box eventually came on after 45 minutes, but it keeps happening, this was a pre-owned box that was not reset so it seems that it may still have a fault for which it was returned perhaps?
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Many replacement boxes are refurbs, just occasionally a faulty one slips through. It's frustrating I agree - but these things happen sometimes.

Call into faults and they can arrange another replacement if necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

There's the issue, I can't call anyone at the moment, with a raging ear and throat infection all I want to do is sit and watch tv, can someone who works for Virginmedia please organise a replacement box, I'm not so bothered that a faulty one has slipped through, i agree these things happen, I just want one that works properly please.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Not pleasant. I've escalated this thread for VM forum staff to take a look over for you.

Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

very much appreciated,  thank you

0 Kudos
Hudz750
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

just an update, the V6 box is doing the same thing again, it turned itself off and is currently stuck on 83% loading, it's been like this for 15 minutes.

0 Kudos