Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box

I have been advised I need a V6 box as I have explained my hub and wallbox are in a different room so need to connect wirelessly as I cannot connect any cables from the wallbox or hub to the V6 box,  however the instructions say I need to connect the coax cable into the box, if I cannot connect an ethernet cable because of the distance from the hub to the V6 box how am I expected to connect the short coax cable to the box? no one at Virgin seems to understand this and I don't know if I can overcome this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box

All Virgin TV boxes need a coax connection.

The V6 box also needs a connection to the Hub which can either be via wired or wireless.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box

So I understand, but can anyone explain why the Virgin staff I have dealt with not highlighted this before I signed a contract and received a Vivo 500 box saying this was the one I needed to connect via wifi and then when I couldn't get it to connect and spoke to them via phone said I now need a V6 box replacement which is on its way via Yodel. None of them seems to have grasped my point from the beginning that I need to connect to my hub without any cables from Hub to box.

It seems my only option is to have a coax cable from the front of my house to the back up the outside wall over or through the roof and down the back into the wall where my TV is or to cancel my contract and go with a different supplier.

0 Kudos