Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box

I have received a new V6 Box today as a replacement for a faulty one, the amber led comes on for a few seconds and switches off, the green arrows led lights up with the welcome message for about 10 seconds and the whole thing switches off, I tried to reboot several times with no result,has anybody had this issue, if so is it a dud box or the connections of which I checked several times.

Thanks AD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: new v6 box only stays on for 5 seconds

Have you managed to sort out the switching off problem, if so what was the reason, the connection or a dud box.
Thanks AD
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box

Please don't create multiple posts in different threads for the same issue, it's confusing and against the forum rules. I've merged your posts.

How is your V6 box connected to your homehub - if this is effectively a fresh install, then it will need a stable internet connection to boot up the first time. There may be a box fault, but the internet connection is the first thing to check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry I didn`t know I have created multiple posts,I am new to this, thanks for letting me know. The new box is a direct replacement for the faulty box, the connections I assume must be ok as the faulty box had a flickering picture otherwise ok and it is connected to the hub via Ethernet cable and I assume the internet signal is stable as my laptop is working correctly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's fine 're the duplicate posts.

It's possible then, your box may have a fault. I'd suggest calling VM during the day. Either a fault or an activation issue, but they should be able to ID which.

Presumably the replacement was sent out via Quick Start rather than an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, I have called VM and booked for an engineer visit.

0 Kudos