Menu
barry21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box won't start up

This box has been faulty for quite a while, probably 6-8 months but usually I can get it working again by turning it off and on holding + and standby although means I cant record anything as they get lost all the time.

Every week or couple of weeks it usually starts going off and on again and the screen goes green "the DVR has detected a serious problem". This time though I think it's finished. I successfully rebooted it on like Wednesday and it worked until yesterday but then did it again and when it did come back on it would not show any channels and if I tried to turn channel it was working so slow it would just stick and didnt register pressing any buttons.

There was error codes, different ones I think depening on if I turned it off and on again, I think I seen (w02) possibly (w03) and (v53). I tied turning it off overnight.

Now I have tried to reebot it holding the buttons down 6 times or something today and it just goes to "starting up" then nothing happens it stays on that forever until I reboot it again about 1 hour later?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box won't start up

@barry21 wrote:

Every week or couple of weeks it usually starts going off and on again and the screen goes green "the DVR has detected a serious problem".

This error alone means your hard drive has failed and you'll need a replacement box. That it occasionally recovered is extremely fortunate, in the vast majority of cases this is terminal.

You can either wait on here for staff to respond (may take a day or so) or call into VM to report your fault. 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box won't start up

Hi barry21, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your V6 box starting up. 

I've done a few checks here and can see there are multiple issues showing that will need an engineer to take a look at so I'd like to arrange an appointment for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos