Menu
WhiteHartMart
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box switches itself on by itself

Have had 2 V6 boxes for about 2 years now - the one in the bedroom has recently had a mind of its own lately. (and a frequent Netflix error which was reported a few times with absolutely no response from Virgin)

Yesterday being an example - the box just randomly switches itself on, day and night.  Had to switch it off 4 or 5 times yesterday.

It did this a few weeks ago for a week or so then settled down but as it's doing it again wanted to get it sorted now please.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box switches itself on by itself

@WhiteHartMart wrote:

Yesterday being an example - the box just randomly switches itself on, day and night.  Had to switch it off 4 or 5 times yesterday.

Do you mean the hard drive is spinning up? Could it be recording programmes or getting guide updates?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
WhiteHartMart
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

White light on box comes on (from the red standby position) and then the box just stays on permanently until we switch off.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Depending when this happens...

Possibly an overnight software update or scheduled reboot which then powers the box up.

Rogue remote control inputs being detected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
WhiteHartMart
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, it happens throughout the day (so that should rule out software updates?) and also at night (which should rule out remote inputs) - it's multiple times throughout a 24 hour period?

0 Kudos