Menu
darenharris
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box stuck on welcome screen

Hope someone can help.

Due to some house renovations one of my V6 boxes had been put away for about 4 months. I got everything plugged back in last night only to find the V6 box is stuck in a loop on the welcome screen, sometimes looking like it's downloading something but then it restarts back to the welcome screen, and on it goes. I've tried the rebooting, removing all cables and waiting 10 mins but the issue continues. Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box stuck on welcome screen

A few possibilities here.

1: The V6 needs 2 connections - coax for the live TV channels, wired/wireless to your homehub for the internet. Are both present?

2: All TiVo/V6 that aren't connected to VM's network for a certain amount of time are liable to be deactivated, and 4months is plenty long enough for this to have happened. You'll need to call 0800 9539500 with the box details to hand, to reactivate it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
darenharris
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Japitts, thank you - i'll give this a try and report back...

0 Kudos
darenharris
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can't get through to anyone, keep getting referred to the online help! not sure what to do now..

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@darenharris wrote:

I can't get through to anyone, keep getting referred to the online help! not sure what to do now..

Activation issues can't be resolved online, you need to call in.

There's quite a few "inducements" on the IVR to "go online", "get a link" and a few others. Ignore them, and you'll be put into the queue

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos