Menu
pmoloney
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box stuck on startup and no replacement boxes available!!

Our problem seems to be a common one where a box keeps looping through the startup process even though another box in the house is working fine.  I just called technical support and after some diagnosis (needs a new box) they don't have any boxes available to send out.....really!??

Instead we have to wait a week for an engineer to come out because engineers have boxes in their vans!!

Surely someone can find a box and have it sent out for a quick self install? .....not happy when I'm paying £100 a month for this!

Anyone else have this problem?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box stuck on startup and no replacement boxes available!!

@pmoloney wrote:

Our problem seems to be a common one where a box keeps looping through the startup process even though another box in the house is working fine.  I just called technical support and after some diagnosis (needs a new box) they don't have any boxes available to send out.....really!??

Instead we have to wait a week for an engineer to come out because engineers have boxes in their vans!!

Surely someone can find a box and have it sent out for a quick self install? .....not happy when I'm paying £100 a month for this!

Anyone else have this problem?

There are two types of V6 boxes. All new customers are now sent Humax boxes that only work on the new Horizon V360 platform, as the TiVO platform is no longer sold to new customers. This is why all the spare Arris manufactured boxes (that you require) are in the techs vans, as these are only used for fault replacements now.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos