Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box stuck on starting up

Hello, 

I have just joined virgin media and have tried to get my v6 box to work. I ordered through self service and have done all that has been said online... checked all wires, cables and connections and changed hdmi leads and Ethernet cables. I have reset the box by pressing + and standby at the same time as can’t get past the starting up or welcome screen which it keeps looping too. It’s very frustrating as the system never processed my order in the first place so I had to wait longer for my equipment and now it doesn’t work ! Tried to call virgin media however never get through due to COVID and not being priority or the phone just been put down on me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box stuck on starting up

Hi LDJones94,

It's possible that your account hasn't been set properly, so you could try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

The lines open at 8am.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method ( which still works) is to reboot the equipment, and if it doesn't work then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding... 

all would be good if I could even get through to VM, nearly an hour waiting and still no answer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello, 

This problem has now been solved, a new box was needed, was told that this is a common problem with all V6 boxes sent out for self installation and currently there is a shortage of V6 boxes so I was lucky to get a new one! 
Something VM don’t tell you when ordering! 

Tags (3)
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi LDJones94,

Thanks very much for the update. It's a shame it didn't work from the go, but pleased it's all sorted now.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali