Menu
blueghostuk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box shortage

We had our internet and phone line installed today by an engineer, we were due two V6 boxes but were told there are none in stock and they are stuck abroad due to COVID. When can we expect them in stock, and why are VM taking orders if they have no stock?

Tried speaking to someone on the phone, but they seemed confused. They said everything had been installed, then they said we were waiting on one box, then finally they said someone will call us "in a few days" but there was no ETA.

Location is west midlands if that helps

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box shortage

What equipment were you expecting? And what have you been supplied with - can you be specific?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
blueghostuk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

not sure what else to say than what I already put.

We had our internet installed - so he installed the box for that which has the phone line connection (the hub 3 box I think). We were due two V6 boxes as well - neither of which were in stock. The engineer laid the cable for the upstairs V6 box, he said once there is stock they just need plugging in

We ordered the "ultimate oomph bundle", the mobile SIM arrived 2 weeks ago.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

So you'd ordered two V6s on a multiroom, and you've been supplied with.. (from the sounds of it), one V6 and the second box just missing?

How was the second box left - is it waiting on you hearing from someone? Were you left with any documentation or contact details to follow up?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
blueghostuk
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

No, I have the Hub 3 for the internet and phone, that is it.

I've already said "we were due two V6 boxes but were told there are none in stock" + "We were due two V6 boxes as well - neither of which were in stock" - we got not V6 box at all.

I was told to call customer services, as detailed they gave me no definitive answer.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Were you previously a TV customer, or was TV also being installed?

Were you left with any TV service, or were you left with, say, a TiVo box instead? The boxes are shown here 

There's something a little odd here for sure.

0 Kudos
blueghostuk
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Not a previous customer no, brand new. We moved in just over 2 weeks ago.

The previous owners had a connection but did not leave any equipment. The installer installed the Hub 3 for broadband and the extension line for our future V6 box upstairs.

We have no TV service at all, apart from our poor freeview reception. The installer left nothing else for us as a temporary measure.

I can login to the Sky Sports app using my Virgin credentials, but the Virgin TV app just gives me an error.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I've escalated this to the VM forum staff for you - wanted to make sure of some of the facts before doing so. Something's odd, for sure.

Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @blueghostuk

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your post - I was sorry to hear about the issue with your installation yesterday. I assure you that we're not out of stock of the V6 boxes so I can only apologise we did not install any for you yesterday. 

I have located your account and can see that you have already contacted us and this is being looked into for you. We can see that the technician noted the account to advise he didn't have any - this doesn't mean they're not in stock.

He has been contacted for confirmation and feedback. This is being looked into by our installation team directly and you will be contacted once we have an update on your Boxes. Please do keep us posted and we can chase again if needed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

blueghostuk
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie, we were told there were none in stock and they were stuck abroad so obviously some miscommunication somewhere.

If there is no stock shortage then I would hope this could be resolved shortly. Is there an ETA? - as it would be nice to be able to watch the football this weekend!

0 Kudos