cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box problems

shaunbrace
Joining in

A good few months ago our V6 box started playing up.........

Random power off's.

Intermittent black screen and loss of sound for roughly 3-4 seconds on all channels. TV is a Samsung QE55QN95 (tried connecting box on different HDMI port, but does the same. Other inputs - bluray player/xbox/ps does not have any losses, so pretty sure it's just the V6 box. Used the same cable that the V6 is on to the other inputs and that still works so cable is fine).

No 'on demand' playback at all - just says 'not available'.

We had an engineer at our house a couple of months ago to move the cable and box to a different room and told him about the faults. He had a quick look at it, reset it but said if it continues then we would probably need a replacement box.

Unfortunately, it's still doing it so could i organise a replacement box through this site at all?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@shaunbrace wrote:

A good few months ago our V6 box started playing up.........

Random power off's. [snip]

Unfortunately, it's still doing it so could i organise a replacement box through this site at all?

A rebooting box is a faulty box. Forum staff should respond on here, and if you don't mind waiting a few days that may be easier.

If you want a quicker response, then calling in is the only way. 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @shaunbrace, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of your rebooting V6 box.  As the fantastic japitts has advised, it does sound as though the box is faulty. We'd need to book a technician visit.  I am going to send you a private message, so I can take some details. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R