cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box not working with Denon AVR

Ostragobulus
Tuning in

My V6 box has decided not to work with my 2021 Denon AVR. It has worked perfectly for several years with this and earlier Denon units, but not now.

I have tried a Lindy converter HDCP2.2 to HDCP 1.4 and also a unit which is supposed to remove HDCP altogether. Neither make any difference. Downgrading the output from the V6 makes no difference either and putting a splitter between the V6 and AVR makes no difference.

Help from an expert would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ostragobulus 

Have you tried resetting the AVR?

https://www.avsforum.com/official-2021-denon-avr-owners-thread 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

What is it that's not working? A 2021 AVR will be HDCP 2.2 compliant, so remove the converter and splitter.

Have you tried different high speed HDMI cables?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi Dave

Yes, a Full Factory Reset was the first thing I tried.

Everything else works fine with the Denon but the V6 does not. It worked fine until recently and then just stopped working.

Best

Thank you for your reply.

I only tried the converter and splitter to see if they might make it work. They are no longer fitted.

I have done a factory Reset on the Denon so what is it about the V6 box which causes rejection by the Denon? Everything else works.

Does the V6 work if connected directly to the TV? If so you need to try different high speed HDMI cables when using the Denon, if this still doesn't work come back here.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I have tried different HDMI cables. They are good quality QED cables.

All my other kit works perfectly through the Denon but not the V6 box.

When I plug in the V6 box I just get a blank screen.

The V6 box has always had issues with Denon\Marantz systems and HDCP2.2 for some reason, though I've only personally seen it affect streaming services not regular stuff (iPlayer is the only streaming app that works on my box through my Marantz amp, so no Netflix, Sky on-demand etc.).

Out of interest, have you tried a different HDMI input on the Denon? I've had a couple fail on previous Denon systems, so possibly the input is at fault? 

Hi Ostragobulus,

Sadly as this is a 3rd party piece of equipment we wouldn't be able to advise on them. 

Our apologies for that. 

^Martin

Hi

Many thanks for trying to resolve the situation.

I have given up on this as my Denon works perfectly with everything else but not with the V6 box.

I have to run the V6 through the TV which is rather silly when everything else works through the AVR.!.

I know that your colleagues say third party equipment is not your problem but I would respectfully say that something is not right with the V6 boxes when other equipment works perfectly.

Have you had any reports of the V6 box replacement causing the same issues?

Thank you again for trying to resolve this issue. 

I have no problem with Virgin (apart from the decision to apparently target the service at juveniles, obvious from the presentation) but this lack of compatibility is annoying!

Thanks again.