Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box not loading past welcome screen.

Hi, I need some help with one of my V6 boxes which will not load past the Welcome screen. we have also had a arrow pointing down into a box come up on the screen. It's also making a grinding noise.

Have tried

• Turning off and back on
  • unplugging power for 15 minutes
  • Disconnected all leads

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box not loading past welcome screen.

Hi JayJay21,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your V6 box. The grinding noise sounds like a hard disk failure. The arrow shows the box was trying to perform a system update.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM may be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it, or book a replacement.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team. 

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The grinding noise alone sounds horribly like your hard drive has a problem which is probably (even if not now, soon will be) terminal. Without that, I'd absolutely suggest checking your internet connection.

Call it in as a fault, it almost certainly needs replacing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have called 150 finally got thru, technician coming out tomorrow. Thanks

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JayJay21,

Thanks for the update, that's fast service for an engineer.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos