Menu
Carl22
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box no signal via HDMI

My V6 box will not operate using the HDMI cable, if i un plug and retry the TV comes on with the welcome message in numerous languages and the moves to the starting up page, after about 1-2 mins i goes to no signal page from my Samsung TV

If i connect via CAT 5 cable the V6 operates correctly but is subject to temporary loss of picture and sound for a second or two during operation

i have tested all HDMI cables they are fine, V6 box in room away from TV set and unable to replace HDMI built into walls when fitted 

frustrated with it 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box no signal via HDMI

Has this problem only started recently?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Carl22
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box no signal via HDMI

japitts, not sure the company that installed the system 5 years ago put HDMI, CAT 5,Coax and audio cables into wall and they chose to run TV from CAT 5 and CCTV via HDMI.

When the fault developed with sound and picture i changed them over so HDMI fed Virgin V6 to TV, CCTV works fine from either but V6 as stated in previous message starts to load with welcome screen and starting up screen, then no signal message appears

My first thought was a HDMI fault as its a 10 m cable, but i bought a tester and it comes up as good  

cheers for any direction

Carl

0 Kudos