Menu
davidkeenan76
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box missing parts

I received my new V6 box today, to replace an older style Tivo. Several parts are missing from the box:

HDMI cable
Ethernet cable
Remote control
Cable Adapter

I can live without the HDMI and ethernet, I have spares lying around. I can probably make do without the remote and reuse the old Tivo one (though would prefer the smaller V6 style). But I can't get my equipment set up without the cable adapter (think I've seen it referred as a fly lead or IEC connector).

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box missing parts

Hi davidkeenan76,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you have parts missing to complete your Quickstart install. We understand the frustration caused due to this delay.

As its been a short while since your last post have we arranged for the correct equipment to be sent our to you? If so how are your services working?

If not and you are still without a working service please let us know as soon as possible and we will assist your further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
davidkeenan76
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for coming back to me. I called support and managed to get an IEC connector sent out, so I can now use my V6 box.  However I could really do with a V6 remote as I have the box hidden in a cupboard and don't have line of site to it.  Unfortunately the older style remote doesn't support this, unlike the V6 remote.  Is it possible to have a v6 remote sent out?

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi davidkeenan76,

Thanks for coming back to me. Of course we can send you a new V6 remote out to you, I will pop you over a private message to take your details so I can get this ordered today for you and have it popped in the post.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi davidkeenan76,

New remote ordered and on its way to you. It will be delivered in the next 5-7 working days by Royal Mail. 

If you need any further assistance please come back to us through this channel. 

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi davidkeenan76,

It might not be to your liking but for now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive the correct V6 remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos