Menu
Nurdis
Tuning in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box keeps rebooting

My box did the exact same…… and still does. I am absolutely fed up with trying to contact anyone to get it sorted. 

it’s getting to the point where I will just cancel my direct debit and be done with it. 

I have posted a topic further down but no reply. Please virgin if you see this get in touch and sort this out it’s ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Nurdis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Remote control order never arrived

So it’s been about 3 weeks since I waited for hours online to discuss an intermittent fault with my box cycling on and off. 

The support person said I need to call back when I have the problem at that time. This is not easy when the problem is intermittent and can last an hour or so and it takes this long to get through.

So in the end I gave up and decided I would use my spare box but needed a new remote for it. So one was ordered.

However here I am with a still broken box and no remote for the spare has ever arrived. 

if I go through the online thing to order another remote they want to charge me because I have already had one……. The one that never arrived I assume.

There is no email address I can message, no live chat I can chase up. So I either stick with my faulty box until it goes completely, wait on the phone for hours again to chase up my spare remote…… or just give up and stop my direct debit and switch to someone else.

Virgin customer service if you read this please contact me….. all I want is a new box to replace my failing one or a new remote I was promised for my spare! PLEEEEAASSE

Thank you

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box keeps rebooting

By means of general advice, however bad your issues seem, cancelling your regular payments is a sure-fire way of making them worse. It could also have long-lasting consequences for your credit file that you might come to regret- but it's your choice.

Can you be clear on the issue you have, and what's happened when you've tried to report it? Your post has been moved to a new thread, so without you explaining some details, we will struggle to offer any meaningful advice.

@Nurdis 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nurdis
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box keeps rebooting

Here are full details.

So it’s been about 3 weeks since I waited for hours online to discuss an intermittent fault with my box cycling on and off. 

The support person said I need to call back when I have the problem at that time. This is not easy when the problem is intermittent and can last an hour or so and it takes this long to get through.

So in the end I gave up and decided I would use my spare box but needed a new remote for it. So one was ordered.

However here I am with a still broken box and no remote for the spare has ever arrived. 

if I go through the online thing to order another remote they want to charge me because I have already had one……. The one that never arrived I assume.

There is no email address I can message, no live chat I can chase up. So I either stick with my faulty box until it goes completely, wait on the phone for hours again to chase up my spare remote…… or just give up and stop my direct debit and switch to someone else.

Virgin customer service if you read this please contact me….. all I want is a new box to replace my failing one or a new remote I was promised for my spare! PLEEEEAASSE

Thank you

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box keeps rebooting and customer service useless

Hi @Nurdis,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! I'm sorry to understand that you're having a few issues with your TV box. Would you be able to expand on the issues that you're experiencing?

We're more than happy to help!

I agree with what @japitts has advised. Please do not cancel your Direct Debit, as this  will not stop payments being added to your account. This can result in arrears and late payment fees being added, as well as this; doing so can negatively impact your credit score in the future.

Please keep us updated on this issue. We're more than happy to look into this for you and have this resolved.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nurdis
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So my box was cycling through rebooting and closing down. It would do this for an hour or two even after I had reset it etc. Eventually I would go out and leave it and it would come on in the end 

This started in February and got worse through March and April and worse again in May. 

In late February I moved house and an engineer who reinstalled the equipment said it’s a known fault and we need to call in for a new box.

i called Virgin and was told that it was all working at that time and I need to call when I am having the issue. This is madness and I explained it’s intermittent and can last a couple of hours which is as long as it would take me to call in…. That’s assuming my machine goes wrong during the hours they are open in the first place and I have time to wait on the phone.

I was unable to get anywhere with this as they insisted I wait until the fault is happening before I call back so they can verify the fault.  Not easy when it happens randomly for a couple of hours at a time maybe once a week.

In the end I decided I would just use my old spare V6 box ( I have 2 but only use 1) but the spare doesn’t have a remote.

So I call in again and explain the intermittent issue and virgin explain that I need to call when the box is rebooting. I then ask for a new remote for the spare box as I give up. I get told one will be sent. 

3 weeks later and no new remote. Box still intermittently rebooting endlessly 

I call again and get told the new remote as sent and to wait longer. 

here I am another week later with no remote. When I go on my account I have no orders to suggest one is on route and when I go through the virgin app to order a new remote it says I have had a replacement already and will need to pay for one….. despite me never having a new remote and the v6 boxes themselves being at least a couple of years old.

im stuck. What do I do? I can’t call in when the fault is happening as it can take over an hour to get through and by then the fault may have cleared… it virgin call  enter is open at that time.  I cannot seem to get my new remote for my old box even though I should t have to. I should get a replacement box as the one is faulty 

please virgin what do I do. I know cancelling ny direct debit is not a good option but I am running out of options. 

i have been with virgin for a long time and have moved my V6 boxes with me. Surely now one is faulty as confirmed by one of your installers on my home move installation I should be able to replace it without all this hassle? 

please get in touch to help me sort this.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Nurdis
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Woes

So my box was cycling through rebooting and closing down. It would do this for an hour or two even after I had reset it etc. Eventually I would go out and leave it and it would come on in the end 

This started in February and got worse through March and April and worse again in May. 

In late February I moved house and an engineer who reinstalled the equipment said it’s a known fault and we need to call in for a new box.

i called Virgin and was told that it was all working at that time and I need to call when I am having the issue. This is madness and I explained it’s intermittent and can last a couple of hours which is as long as it would take me to call in…. That’s assuming my machine goes wrong during the hours they are open in the first place and I have time to wait on the phone.

I was unable to get anywhere with this as they insisted I wait until the fault is happening before I call back so they can verify the fault.  Not easy when it happens randomly for a couple of hours at a time maybe once a week.

In the end I decided I would just use my old spare V6 box ( I have 2 but only use 1) but the spare doesn’t have a remote.

So I call in again and explain the intermittent issue and virgin explain that I need to call when the box is rebooting. I then ask for a new remote for the spare box as I give up. I get told one will be sent. 

3 weeks later and no new remote. Box still intermittently rebooting endlessly 

I call again and get told the new remote as sent and to wait longer. 

here I am another week later with no remote. When I go on my account I have no orders to suggest one is on route and when I go through the virgin app to order a new remote it says I have had a replacement already and will need to pay for one….. despite me never having a new remote and the v6 boxes themselves being at least a couple of years old.

im stuck. What do I do? I can’t call in when the fault is happening as it can take over an hour to get through and by then the fault may have cleared… it virgin call  enter is open at that time.  I cannot seem to get my new remote for my old box even though I should t have to. I should get a replacement box as the one is faulty 

please virgin what do I do. I know cancelling ny direct debit is not a good option but I am running out of options. 

i have been with virgin for a long time and have moved my V6 boxes with me. Surely now one is faulty as confirmed by one of your installers on my home move installation I should be able to replace it without all this hassle? 

please get in touch to help me sort this.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Woes

Hi Nurdis,

You say you have a spare V6 box. Are you paying for that box as part of a multi room subscription?

If not, or the box hasn't been used for around 30 days then the box has probably been deactivated and will need reactivating by calling in and speaking to VM..

You should then be able to reset your old remote and then pair it with your spare V6.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Did the box start rebooting before all the other issues started? If so, that's a faulty box and anything you've been told about that being a known issue is just nonsense and adding unnecessary complication to this sorry tale.

If you were to report these issues, then the correct answer should be either a tech visit or a replacement box. I suspect that if this is sorted, many of the underlying issues here should clear.

The remote not being paired is easily solved - follow https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-pairing-tv-remote if you've not done so already.

I'm not clear from your post whether you're paying for a multi-room subscription or not - but without it, only your one box will work and that won't be helping either.

If you wait around here a day or so, VM staff should pick this up and respond- but please don't create duplicate posts as this also adds confusion. If you can clarify some of the bits myself & newapollo have asked, that will also help the staff and could potentially expedite a solution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nurdis
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.

i am on the VIP package so presume that comes with multiroom, hence having the spare V6 box. But having had the same boxes for years and moving house the spare remote is missing so I only have the one for the faulty box.

Im not sure what the last reply means by asking if this started since all the other issues started? Really I have one issue…. A box that keeps rebooting and cycling on and off. Intermittently. 

I guess the only other issue is that in trying to fix it I have come up against a brick wall so ordered a remote for my spare box which never arrived! But really I have one issue…. A faulty box that needs replacing! Who would have thought such a problem 

0 Kudos