Menu
Imwilki
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box fault

Hi,

I recently re-subscribed to the TV package and received a new v6 box even though the old one was still here and worked perfectly.

The new box has more hard disk noise than the old one and when playing back recordings from the disk it is really slow to fast forward or rewind with hardly any intermediate pictures coming up to show where you are in the adverts.

This feels like a faulty box to me, since the old one used to work well in zipping forward and backwards.  It is also generally slow to produce a picture when selecting a channel from the epg, sometimes it will show a channel not available and then a few good seconds later it will display as normal.  

SO hard to get hold of customer service at the moment but the box is basically unusable.  What is the best way to get it swapped / tested, yes I’ve switched it off and on again several times !

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box fault

Are you sure it's a V6 & not a V360? It could be either, but perhaps worth checking now. Check here if you're not sure.

The process to report faults to VM is the same - 150 from your Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Choose options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos