Menu
AksLdn
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box dead - customer service line not helpful

After a recent Thunderstorm and a lightning strike in the vicinity our V6 box seems to have died. No lights, unresponsive, unplugging/replugging didn't work.

Called CS last night and was told it's due to a fault in my area that would be fixed by 8am today and to ring if it's still dead by 9am. Of course, the box was not miraculously resurected overnight and is still very much dead.

Rang CS again only to be told there was nothing they could do right now as there was a "fault in the area" which would be fixed by 1:15pm tomorrow. Even if they made an appointment with an engineer, that would automatically be cancelled until the "fault in the area" has been fixed.

Can that be true!? I mean, the box is dead, nought to do with the fault. I know not super-important to have TV and I can watch bits online, too. However, I was expecting something a little more helpful, especially on the second call. All I got was a fairly patronising CS agent who talked to me like I had the technical understanding of a five year old.

Could someone tell me a better/easier route to get the box fixed or replaced?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box dead - customer service line not helpful

There are scenarios where faults can't be logged because of an overarching issue that needs to be cleared first, and that's often quite correct.

In your case, I'd agree the symptoms are clearly different and I'd expect CS' systems to recognise this. Apparently not!

You can try calling again, I'd like to say it would be ultimately quicker. In the meantime, I've escalated your post to VM staff for attention on here - it should push you up the queue for a response and mean this gets picked up sooner than otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AksLdn
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post AksLdn and welcome to our community.

The above community member is correct in saying that any area faults would need to be fixed before we can look into issues in the property, the current estimated repair time is 20 MAY 2021 13:15.

You can come back here for updates if needed and if this clears and you still experience issues we can assist further.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @AksLdn,

Hope you're well. Just checking in to see if your service issues are ongoing at the moment or if they seem to have now been resolved?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AksLdn
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach,

the TV box is still dead. I honestly believe it has nothing to do with the issues that are ongoing, but that it was damaged during a Thunderstorm on Tuesday.

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming this to us @AksLdn.

I am sorry to see that your TV box is not working for you.

I will send you a private message now so I can investigate this further.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos