Menu
peter35
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box crashes on fast forward difficult to restart

During fast forward V6 box crashes with blank screen. Difficult to restart and have to unplug from mains for more than 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box crashes on fast forward difficult to restart

Hi peter35,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm really sorry that you've been having trouble with your TV box, we can certainly look to resolve this for you.

First of all, could you let me know if you've ever been able to use this function, or whether this fault is a recent development?

Could you also confirm whether you've recently replaced the batteries in your remote? If so, could you check that they're the right way round? If not, I'd recommend giving this a go.

Does this happen with all types of content or just certain things? E.g only when using On Demand or Catch Up services, only when fast-forwarding a paused channel etc. 

I'd like you to try manually connecting to our network by following these steps: press Home on your remote > select Help & Settings > select Settings > select Network > select Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
peter35
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Watching something now so thanks for suggesting these things but will try your suggestions tomorrow

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter35,

Let us know how you get on with the advice that was given above, I also hope you enjoyed what you were watching yesterday without any issues! 

Kind regards,

Megan_L

0 Kudos