Menu
Fatbaldbloke
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box constantly Rebooting

One of my 3 V6 boxes is in a constant reboot cycle.

I see the welcome messages on the screen and can hear the hard drive whirring away but after approx 60 seconds goes blank and then 15 or so seconds later goes through the process again.

Seems like a faulty hard drive.  How can I get this replaced?  The online help doesn't seem to have an option to report faulty hardware and when I called I just ended up at a test place who said TV was working fine.   

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box constantly Rebooting

You're probably right with your diagnosis, and reporting it to the faults line is the correct thing to do.

Once you've called 150 and chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", if you've entered your account details the automated system might well run some diagnostics. That can often result in the option to book an engineer appointment or replacement box, or queue for a faults agent.

Occasionally you might need to hang up and redial immediately, where the diagnostics should recognise you've previously called and offer you to queue for an agent. Do so 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos