Menu
kenwood110
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box always needs reboot

Since it was installed in March I have had to reboot V6 box in order for it to work with TV. I have registered a complaint with Virgin via e-mail on more than 1 occasion and get nothing from them. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box always needs reboot

What happens in order for you to need to reboot the box - you've not said?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kenwood110
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi - sorry yes of course that would help. I either get a blank screen, a scrambled screen, picture but no sound or more often a message saying "incompatible signal received"

If I power off TV and V^ at mains and reboot it works first time.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you've got pixellated pictures on live TV which tends to indicate signal issues. I'm not sure the "incompatible signal" message is being generated by your V6 so much as your TV, but all the same.

If one reboot hasn't resolved this, you have an underlying fault and no amount of reboots are going to stop this, it is highly likely to keep happening.

Call Virgin Media and report your fault. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos