Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box Sound & Picture issue HD Channels

Morning,

I'm getting increasing issues with sound drop out and picture going fuzzy on my V6 box when I access HD channels - I have my V6 box connected to a Samsung UHD TV, with sound connected through my Sony Blu-Ray surround sound system. I have tried connecting V6 box direct to TV, changing HDMI cables, changing HDMI ports on TV after viewing several subjects on this Community but problem still occurs - I'm paying a lot of money every month to Virgin Media so this issue with HD channels is very annoying and thought I'd seek help through here rather than phoning Virgin as we all know I'd get nowhere if I tried to speak to customer services.....

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box Sound & Picture issue HD Channels

Please PM me with your account number and area reference and I can take a look at this for you.
Thanks,
Stuart
I am a Virgin Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some kudos.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi sounds signal related check all cables are secure to V6 box and white lead that plugs into V6 not overly bent. hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I work for virgin media and im currently working from home. From my experience in the field id say you need a,tech visit. It could be a rf or hd cable problem or the box needs changing. If you have more then one box you can swap them and see if the problem persists. If not id book an engineer on the virgin connect app.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - will relook at all cables and make sure they are connected properly, thanks for response

0 Kudos