cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

KingArfer
On our wavelength
Yes - Indeed - some of us are attached to our old devices and we all have different needs that don't have to use all new all dancing options - there is no reason it should be difficult and makers of new tech make it so so that we all need to upgrade all equipment. Furthermore judgmental replies on these questions serve no purpose and are unhelpful.

Well it would appear that quite a few of you good people have successfully managed to follow this thread and get your v6 boxes working trough tv's in another room.

I'm not so successful, I've got the hdmi splitter, I've got the hdmi/scart converter and I've got the rf modulator.

I think the one I'm having a problem with is the converter - with the signal fed through the splitter and then through the converter and connected to second tv by scart the picture keeps flicking between 1080i@50 to 1080i@60 constantly and I can't seem to stop it from doing this.

the converter I have is the neoteck 4K one (ntk021)

Is this because it's not connected to a 4K tv or is my v6 box doing something funny with the signal in a effort to prevent me from splitting and converting the signal?

I've had two HDMI to SCART converters from Neoteck but neither worked properly. You just have to accept that sometimes there is no good solution.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

There are now 4K HDMI Splitters so you do not loose out in watching in UHD/4K

The HDMI Splitter on Amazon is £8.99 for Amazon Prime members

it is called GANA Gold plated HDMI Splitter

Sorry you've had issues. Happy to say my converter working well.

But are you using the same scart connector (neoteck ntk021)  ... And what tv's are you connecting it to?

I use a slingbox to watch my tv when on holiday (mainly for can't miss sport events or I'd have to let the family go away without me!) and found I needed to change the video output settings on my V6 to 1080i, instead of auto detect or 1080p, as the picture at the receiving end was missing the left third. I have a hdmi splitter, outputs going to usual tv and to a hdmi-AV converter (that was said to support 1080p input but seems to have a problem converting the higher resolution signal properly) that goes to the slingbox composite video input.

Anyone using a hdmi/scart converter might find it worth playing around with different tivo video out settings but avoiding the auto detect setting.

I tried several different HDMI to SCART convertors and the best I could get was a picture that flashed every 4 seconds. I worked out that this was probably due to control signals in the SCART path (did some tests and proved the issue).  I finally realised that I needed to get something that broke that control signal path.  I had a SCART cable with the three RCA Co-ax plugs ( yellow for video and red/white for audio) on it and bought this HDMI to RCA convertor https://www.amazon.co.uk/progress-tracker/package/ref=oh_aui_hz_st_btn?_encoding=UTF8&itemId=ppmjnti... (£13.95).  This little box takes the HDMI signal and splits it up to three RCA sockets and does not get any return control signals from the modulator RCA inputs.  This simple system works a treat and will probably solve a number of the above issues without too much added cost.

Sorry but I put the wrong URL on my message. The convertor that I bought with the RCA Co-ax sockets that worked great is here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A6STNHM/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rich_A500
On our wavelength

What splitter do you use?