cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Picture freeze

Motmender
Tuning in

Hi. I have a recurring issue with picture freezing whilst watching live tv. I have called it in before and the first time I was told the box may need an update. This was done remotely and I was instructed to unplug the box and plug it in after 15 mins which I did. The problem occurred several weeks later. Called it in again and a technician was sent out to check the problem. The technician cleared some of my old recordings and did a reset and I believe, changed some settings saying that it may need a factory reset if the problem persists. The technician showed me how to do a reset and said if I need to do it the box will sort itself out when I switch it back on. The fault did reoccur so I did a reset. The box did not sort itself out when I switched it back on and another technician had to attend and sort out the box. Box worked ok for a while but has now started freezing more frequently to the point where it is at least once a day. If i "rewind" the program it shows a pause and loss of program for a good 25 seconds. I have most recently had a pause and the option to "rewind" was not available as though the box had just lost all data. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Motmender,

Thank you for reaching out, sorry to hear your issue with the TV freezing has comer back worse than ever, so I can help and arrange a technician I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you having this problem only with recorded and paused/delayed TV? This could be a hard drive fault if so.

Or is it also affecting live TV? That will be either a signal/tuner fault, or potentially a different box fault.

If you're having to reset the V6 as often as you imply, it clearly has a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I read on another post to try and watch the program in recorded mode. I.E press pause for a few seconds then press play in effect this will display a recorded view. Yesterday whilst watching Martin Lewis program (ITV3 HD) in this recorded mode, the sound came out of sync with the picture. Martin was talking and the sound did not match the lips. I pressed the stop button and then fast forward to watch live view and it was back in sync. I later turned to BBC1 HD to watch MasterChef live. After roughly half an hour the picture froze, also no sound. The picture jerked forward a frame and froze again. after about 10 seconds the picture and sound came back to life. I rewound the program to see if it had recorded it and the picture freeze and no sound had been recorded. This picture freeze used to happen one a month. Then once a week. Now its twice a night and is getting really annoying. 

I have checked the service status and it states no problems. I have checked the connections all are ok. I have gone into diagnosis on the v6 and looked at the data. I must admit I don't know what I am looking at but I noticed the signal strength is 100%. I have changed the HDMI lead to a high speed Mk2. Problem still occurring.

Do you get error banners appear with an error code ?

Jka94036. No error banners or error codes displayed. 

Thanks

Hi Motmender,

Thank you for reaching out, sorry to hear your issue with the TV freezing has comer back worse than ever, so I can help and arrange a technician I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Motmender,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to your Online Account, once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Lets us know how the appointment goes.
Regards
Paul.

Hi Paul

Can't see any appointments in my orders

Does it take 24hrs to appear?

Did you see the part about not being available till after 26th in our private message?

Hi Paul

Just received email confirming technician appointment.

Many thanks